Friday, March 19, 2010

Welcome Spring!







My boy is 20 months old - 20 months and 20 lbs. :) Finally! We are still on .4 mg hgh, but we are heading in the right direction. Our Dr. Hardin left Columbus Childrens' Hospital - so we are freaking out a little because the endocrinologist we saw on Friday was well, kinda douchey. Yep, that's the best way to describe him I think. So we really want to get the VEPTR surgery there but things are not looking good for us in the way of the PWS clinic - its going to be more like we'd see a hodge podge of whatever endocrinologist is there that day - and I don't think I'm wanting my kids future to be guided by a new doctor every couple of months. Oh and he isn't big on appointments all that often -so we lost the aggressive approach that Dr. Hardin advocated. Come back Dr. Hardin, or sadly I'll have to google stalk you and follow you to your new hospital with Isaac. :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

A good endocrinologist seems really hard to come by. I vote google stalk your old one and see if they can recommend another one in your area. Good Luck!

You could also try contacting PWSA USA and see if they have someone in your area they could recommend.

(we fly from Indiana to Florida to see Lillian's endocrinologist, but we love that woman and wouldn't think twice about it!)