Tuesday, March 22, 2011

We have UPD

Our results show we really do have PWS-UPD!!! We are relieved and thankful. It doesn't change what we thought our chances of having another child with PWS were - you know, only 2 weeks ago when we lived under the impression we actually knew we had PWS-UPD. :)

Will we still have an amnio? Since the previous 9 months of pregnancy with ol Lucy made us blubbering crazy worried idiots - we still just might. Did I ever mention my husband locking the keys in the running car the day of the scheduled c-section?? Did I ever mention the fact my husband still looks at my little girl and wonders if she has PWS to this day? Our experience has really messed with our heads when it comes to having another one - OBVIOUSLY. :)

2 comments:

L. Peters said...

Congratulations and welcome to the UPD club! I am reminded of Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter when he asks Alice if he is mad? She answer that he is indeed Bonkers but "all the best people are"!!!!

Phew, at least you can breathe a little better now. FYI, I had an amnio before Nicholas was born....it came back 100% normal! When I asked the doctor about this , she wasn't sure if PWS was checked for during an amnio or if it was because he had upd (and thus 2 non-deleted chromosomes)? You may want to check with your OB/GYN just to be sure. Once again, congratulations!

Isaac's Mom said...

Yeah they have to specifically do a methylation test with the amnio - wow I can't believe going through all that and then being surprised!! Its such a crazy process - could it be more stressful? :)